2018 HOUSTON BLACK FILM FESTIVAL
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- POSTMARK DEADLINE: February 15th, 2018
- Submissions must be available as a digital H.264 (.mov or .mp4) file for exhibition if selected for the Festival.
- The Houston Black Film Festival Young Storyteller’s Competition is open to all 12-18-year-olds and is FREE to enter. Must include proof of enrollment from school (copy of student ID or school transcript preferable). Proof of enrollment can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the film. We welcome a wide range of films in this category on subjects as bullying, self esteem, community involvement, young entrepreneurs, LBGT subject matters, Science Fiction/Fantasy and more.
- Filmmakers must be in middle school or high school during time of production to be eligible. Graduating high school before the start of Houston Black Film Festival does not disqualify any filmmaker.
- The Festival committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project.
- Works in progress WILL NOT be accepted within a month of the festival.
- Films must have been completed after March 1, 2017
- Films should be 12 minutes or less.
- To enter more than one film, you MUST use separate entry forms.
- All submitted materials become property of the Houston Black Film Festival and can not be returned. Houston Black Film Festival reserves the right to copy any submitted material for HBFF use only. Please do not send stills unless requested.
- If selected, your film must be available to screen during the Houston Black Film Festival, March 27-31st 2018.
- For more information, please visit http://www.houstonblackfilmfest.com ,or call 713-999-3531.
FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES PLEASE ADHERE TO THE GUIDELINES OUTLINED AT FILMFREEWAY OR WITHOUTABOX.